Sunday 5 May 2013

The little things in life...

I've just got back from a lovely sunny walk along the canal with K, we live just 3 mins away from it and it's great to get out and about for the first time in ages. It's not so nice in the winter and am finally over my cold.

It got me thinking about how much I love the UK countryside. I grew up in a very rural setting so feel a great peace when in that environment. We will be living in a pretty rural setting in India but amongst less familiar flora and fauna and without that cool breeze. I will miss the dandelions, cow parsley and hawthorn. I will miss the familiar birdsongs which will be relaced by peacock calls early in the morning. I'll even miss the church bells which will be replaced by the shrill music of the local temples.

It's that awareness of the small things that I'll miss that makes me want to appreciate them all the more in our final few months here. It doesn't detract from how excited I am to be making the move but means I can make the most of our time here. For my son too, who'll barely remember living over here when he's older.




Hope you all have a great bank holiday. L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment