Saturday 21 September 2013

Birthday musings

So today is my 29th birthday.

I awoke at 6am to the sound of the crickets and frogs just as the day was dawning. We had some rain last night so they were extra happy as was our garden. I then sat on our veranda and watched the butterflies taking their morning breakfast from the blossoming creeper that is now entwined with the cluster of Neem trees next to our house and made time to give thanks for getting this far.

It's the first birthday I've celebrated here in India so feels special as well as it being my final year in my 20s. I have so many hopes and aspirations for this coming year, that I continue to work on and improve my mental and physical health, to take joy from all that I do and to share that joy with my son, husband and closest friends/family.

I already feel my life becoming more relaxed here in the midst of nature and a lifestyle simplified but I know that there is more to be done, it has only been 3 weeks after all...I have so much hope that this move will help me to be the best I can be. We shall see where this next year takes us.


Back soon, Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment